We are really excited to present a series of four Tutorial Tool Box self portrait sessions exploring the processes, techniques and impulses of well known yet contrasting artists as springboards of inspiration with artist and educator Jonathan Farr @jonnyfsfarr
Join us every Thursday in November for Process & Practice!
A self portrait session drawing, cutting and rearranging, allowing materials to take over in a stretch and distortion, taking inspiration from the work of Francis Bacon and Philip Akkerman
What to bring:
– please try to photograph your fce from various angles and photcopy the photos A4 size so your face fills most of the paper. Make about 6 different ones.
– charcoal, rubber, paper.
– coloured oil or chalk pastels
– any collage material you may find useful
– coloured paint – gouache, acrylic
– brushes and a palette knife or spatula
– scissors, masking tape, glue